Resedit (Was: Proposal for KControl)

Hadacek Nicolas nhadacek at cea.fr
Mon Jul 1 07:29:30 BST 2002

> Like Cristian says, you need some sort of XML file (well, it can be
> anything but XML would be a good candidate) that covers all possible config
> options, explains what it can be used for and that has some formal
> description of the values it can have. You can't extract this information
> from the config files themselves.

do you remember that I have proposed this kind of framework some times agon on
this list :) though I don't know if it is exactly what is needed...
It is currently used in kmines and ksirtet ; the XML files ares for eg
"kminesconfig.rc" and "ksirtetconfig.rc" and the class hierarchy to handle
them is in "kmines/generic/gsettings.*"...

cu,
Nicolas

PS: at the time almost nobody cared to comment... :)