compiling kdelibs with KDE_NO_COMPAT

Ellis Whitehead ellis at kde.org
Mon Dec 2 22:46:45 GMT 2002

Hi Stephan,

> The remaining breakage are KActionCollection::take and ::insert. Both are
> marked as private, but are used in khtml and it's unclear why they are
> private. Ellis?

Because the design of KActionCollection doesn't support take() and insert()
reliably.  khtml's use of them works fine though.  Knowing that we can't
compile kdelibs with KDE_NO_COMPAT for BC reasons, it's a safe reminder that
something needs to be done in this area.  However, I'm working on some
changes to the KAccel/KAction framework that will give full support to
khtml's action needs.

Cheers,
Ellis