toolbar actions customization

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Apr 29 10:39:04 BST 2002

On Monday 29 April 2002 11:10, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Couldn't the guy who volunteers for this also volunteer for
> moving the whole "Show blablabla-toolbar" - Menu items into a listview
> which would be shown on a second tab under "Configure Toolbars".
A checklistbox listing up all available toolbars to enable/disable them ? I
think the windows rmb menu over toolbars listing up all available toolbars
with checkmarks is more suitable than that, doesn't clutter the menus, can be
done automatically over kdelibs and is way less work to do :)

 People
> really _don't_ reconfigure their toolbars that often. Actually most people
> only configure them once per app at maximum.
Would be nice if the icon control module wouldn't reset different behaviors
for those applications that the user chose to do it himself. Example: have an
application's toolbar display bigger icons (like say, kmail) or text
underneath. That counts just for this one app's toolbar. Much to my surprise,
the kcontrol icon module seems to reset that when I run it and just set the
icon size or something else which is default. No text under the icons in that
application anymore....

Ralf

Therefore it would be nice if
> all those menuitems wouldn't clutter the whole menu so much and would be
> displayed on a second tab on the dialog "Configure Toolbars" instead. That
> dialog should also make it possbile to create/delete/modify toolbars.
>
> Greetings,
> Tackat

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org