kdelibs/kdeui

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Apr 22 07:39:41 BST 2002

On Monday 22 April 2002 02:10, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Malte Starostik
> > >
> > > No! Not all of use have unlimited disk space.
> >
> > Making it default doesn't mean the option goes away...
>
> Indeed. I think it should be default. If you're working from CVS, you most
> likely want full debugging available.
Yes, in Qt and kdelibs, and in the app you're developing.
Not necessarily in ALL modules!

> If not, you're probably not developing.
Who's developing ALL cvs modules?
Are people who compile from anoncvs developing too ?

> If you _are_ developing, and you don't want symbols, why not ? If you get a
> crash, you should backtrace it, and see if you can fix it. If not, you should
> send the backtrace to whomever is responsible.

While this sounds nice, I don't think everyone compiling from the CVS
has a 40 GB hard disk.
Recommend using --enable-debug for Qt and kdelibs, yes. But don't enable
it for everything by default, it takes a HUGE amount of space.

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/