Proposal unify back our release schedules

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Fri Apr 19 10:37:10 BST 2024

Hello Carl,

Promotion-wise it makes sense. We always have difficulty explaining and, hence,
making the general public feel excited about the new versions of Plasma, as
the concept of "desktop environment" is a concept that escapes (and bores)
most people. But promoting a bunch of new apps, and a new set of configuration
tools, and a new wallpaper and widgets is a much easier thing to do.

Also new versions of things like Dolphin and Spectacle, which are closely
associated with Plasma, are released with Gear, while System Monitor and
Discover are released with Plasma. This makes zero sense to outsiders.

Tl;DR: Sounds good to me.

Cheers

Paul
--