Help KDE apps comply with FlatHub's new guidelines

Andy B anditosan1000 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 13:44:00 BST 2024

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 7:15 AM Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:

> Dear Fellow Community Members,
>
> FlatHub is changing how it will display apps on its site and has issued
> guidelines to help project maintainers adapt the look and descriptions of
> their apps to FlatHub's new design and layout:
>

> https://docs.flathub.org/docs/for-app-authors/metainfo-guidelines/quality-guidelines/
>
> Not that these are **guidelines**, not **rules**. Apps that do not adapt
> will
> not be removed or penalised, except they may just not show up on the front
> page, as they would not fit in the aesthetic FlatHub is looking for.
>
> We have started a task here:
>
> https://phabricator.kde.org/T17275
>
> and we are calling on app maintainers and any other contributor with a
> developer account to help us update apps distributed via FlatHub.
>
> If you would like to lend a hand, subscribe to the task, read the report
> for
> each app supplied by FlatHub, and help us bring them up to date.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paul
> --
> Promotion & Communication
>
> www: https://kde.org
> Mastodon: https://floss.social/@kde
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kde/
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/kdecommunity
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/kde

Thank you for making us aware of this change. I wanted to ask that we work
closely together with the VDG designers to help in this process. If you
can't get the original authors or app maintainers in the work, or even if
you do, we can help adapt the icons to the standards required when it comes
to graphics.

Thank you

--
Andy (anditosan)