[announcement] ATTENTION PLASMA THEME, WIDGET, & ADD-ON DEVELOPERS

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Fri Feb 23 12:19:27 GMT 2024

Apologies for the all caps, but now that I have your attention :)

With Plasma 6, various breaking changes affect existing Plasma
look-and-feel themes, widgets, and ad-ons.

We love all your stuff, but you need to port it for it to work in Plasma
6. We have created some handy, easy-to-follow guides:

   https://develop.kde.org/docs/plasma/widget/porting_kf6/

   https://develop.kde.org/docs/plasma/theme/theme-porting-to-plasma6/

Porting is quite straightforward and should not take you long.

Keep our users happy! Port your stuff! :)

Cheers,
Joseph

(H/t Paul Brown and Nate Graham for the above announcement)

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social