What are the Promo contractors up to? Weeks 5 & 6 2024 - Saint Valentine's Day Special

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Tue Feb 13 20:13:45 GMT 2024

Hello All,

Our main focus is still making as much noise as possible about the upcoming
Megarelease at the end of this month, but we are also working on several other
things simultaneously, not least of which are requests for support at events.

At this moment, we are working on supporting KDE members going to FOSSAsia,
SCaLE, and Augsburger Linux-Infotag.

Organizing a booth is always a juggling act, as it depends on quite a few
factors. It is doubly complicated for us right now, as policies regarding this
task changed at the end of last year.

As we now have a fixed amount of money we can spend annually on events, we have
to budget carefully and figure out where we should go. We also have to consider
how we can fit non-FLOSS-related events in there too.

Do we know where we want to go with this? Yep. We want to make sure that
volunteers for KDE booths have plenty of stuff to show, a set of clear goals,
and are adequately funded, so they have a fun, productive event... And we
don't break the bank in the process.

Do we know how we want to do this? Nope. Or, to be precise: we're still
figuring it out. We think we have worked out a large number of kinks over these
few months (apologies to those that suffered during the transition), but we are
aware there is a lot we can improve.

So please meet us halfway. Help us get the information we need so we can
provide you with what you need for your event.

In other news... Not much: collecting information to refine our communication
strategy, moderating social media so followers don't squabble too much, and
other routine tasks make up most of what's left of our daily grind.

Enjoy the report.

Aniqa and Paul
---
### Things done

* Organised, promoted and run AUA for Plasma 6 RC2
* Promoted Plasma 6 RC2
* Ran FOSDEM booth
* Promoted FOSDEM booth
* Revised and edited Megarelease 6 announcement text
* Worked with volunteers attending Augsburger Linux-Infotag to set up booth
* Worked with volunteers attending FOSSAsia to set up booth
* Helped recruit staff for SCaLE booth
* Worked with KDE Spain on the organisation of Akademy-es
* Advised projects on ways of boosting their social media profiles
* Helped with effort to reach journalists and outlets and promote upcoming
Plasma/Megarelease 6 announcement

### Things to do

* Working on Annual Report 2023
* Working on Fundraising Newsletter
* Support in organizing conf.KDE.in
* Finalizing collaboration with startpage
* Helping KFocus/MindShare get mentioned on "Trusted Consulting Firms" on the
KDE e.V. site

### Ongoing projects and periodic tasks

* Finding and solving mistakes in websites and wikis
* Moderating social media
* Weekly data collection on followers from Twitter, Mastodon and Instagram.
* Monthly data collection on follower from LinkedIn, Mastodon
* Daily data collection from mentions of KDE, Kdenlive, Krita, etc., from
media across the web.
* Daily update of progress bar and Hall of Fame on supporting member campaign
page

--
Promotion & Communication

www: https://kde.org