[SoK] Kicking off Season of KDE 2024 | call for SoK admins

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Fri Nov 24 13:35:32 GMT 2023

Tis the season ... Season of KDE (SoK), that is :)

SoK is our mentorship "guide-by-the-side" program, where we encourage
new contributors to join KDE and seasoned community members to guide them.

We're looking for people to help administer SoK in two ways:

   1. For SoK24: Assistance in keeping track of mentors and mentees,
chasing content and updating websites and wikis, and once all is said
and done arranging to send off some swag to mentees.

   2. Generally: We are getting rid of the season.kde.org website (to
reduce the maintenance -- thank you, Carl, for all of your help over the
seasons) and we are in the process of creating a new website for all
mentorship programs in KDE. Join us if you want to shape and help
maintain it.

So you'd like to help? We'd love to have you -- please be in touch! You
will be working with nice folks like Johnny Jazeix and Joseph De
Veaugh-Geiss, among others.

Here is the Wiki page about administering SoK:

    https://community.kde.org/SoK/Administer_the_SoK/

In the near future we will begin looking for projects. Last year this
was in December-January. So if you would like to help administrator SoK,
step up soon!

This season we will try a new system to submit proposals using
invent.kde.org, with more details to come soon!

Cheers,
Joseph and Johnny
(on behalf of the SoK team)

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social