What are the Promo contractors up to? Weeks 43 & 44, 2023

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Tue Nov 7 18:03:01 GMT 2023

Hello All,

What follows are  the Promo highlights for weeks 43 and 44 of 2023. Enjoy.

---
### Things done

* Started *Branding Brief and Guidelines* project to help clarify what we want
from our branding and what it should look like
* Helped promo contributor start "Off-Theme" series, hosting posts and editing
and proofreading texts
* Worked with Network USA to prepare KDE's booth got Scale
* Created and furnished Krita's new PeerTube account on tube.kockatoo.org
* Advised and helped Krita on subtitling and in general improving their video
presence on the Fediverse
* Promoted KDE PIM report (and KDE PIM in general) for the months of September
and October
* Promoted new features for Plasma 6
* Created text for KDE's 6th Megarelease Alpha announcement and tweaked
announcement page to look good
* Edited, proofread and posted about the second instalment of Off-Theme, the
series of blog articles about Plasma themes

### Things to do

* Research ways of semi-automatically creating screenshots of software while
it is being tested (https://invent.kde.org/teams/automation/issues/-/issues/
14#note_795599)
* Research creating custom transcoding profiles for PeerTube to improve quality
* Find ways of collecting download data for apps from stores and repos
* Organise call with CACD to promote their computer lab
* Finish Branding Brief and Guidelines document and transfer to wiki

### Ongoing projects and periodic tasks

* Finding and solving mistakes in websites and wikis
* Moderating social media
* Weekly data collection on followers from Twitter, Mastodon and Instagram.
* Daily data collection from mentions of KDE, Kdenlive, Krita, etc., from
media across the web.
* Monthly data collection from Twitter, LinkedIn
* Uploading and publishing Akademy2023 talks to YouTube and PeerTube
* Coordinating with OpenCon UK for the booth.
* Collecting data for Quarterly Newsletter and Advisory Board meetings.
* Looking for collaboration possibilities with Startpage
* Writing content for Akademy's website

### Discussion points

* Work with sysadmin to see if we can find a reasonable way of creating an
online Plasm 6 desktop for people to play with

---

Cheers

Aniqa and Paul
--