Today is Promo's Monthly Data Day

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Wed Oct 4 08:24:52 BST 2023

Dear Community,

Today is our monthly data day.

(We also have a quarterly data day for FB, which is today too; and we also
have a weekly data day, but that is tomorrow, and happens every Thursday).

On the fourth of each month, we collect tables of data from the likes of
Xitter, LinkedIn. These tables contain information about how each post we push
out has behaved, how many people read it, clicked on it, liked it, etc.

We have also added Mastodon recently with a homegrown solution that
automatically downloads the toots from the prior month to  a CSV file on
Collaborate:

https://invent.kde.org/paulb/toot_collector

It ran solo for the first time last night and worked great!🎉

Unfortunately, Mastodon does not provide information regarding impressions
(the number of people who actually saw the toot) or the number of clicks on
the links within the posts. But the information regarding replies, shares and
likes is still valuable.

All the information from social media is available raw at

https://collaborate.kde.org/s/8cqZD54ibCkkQmK

under the Social Media/ directory.

If you have write permission to those folders, please be careful!  A lot of
the information in there is generated automatically and is not meant to be
edited by hand. Make local copies (most of the files are very small) and work
with those.

We are now working on collecting download data so we can see how promotional
activities affect download rates:

https://phabricator.kde.org/T16930

Currently, thanks to Justin Z., we have made progress with FlatHub, but any
help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul & Aniqa
--
Promotion & Communication