Handling licences for generated files

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 13:58:39 BST 2023

Hi,

for the new project to translate subtitles for KDE videos, we generate
subtitles files (srt files) from po files.

To generate the translated file, we use the original srt file (which
is under the licence/copyright of the creator choose) and the po files
written by the translators (some po files have licence and/or
copyright, other none of it).

For the generated file, is there a constraint of licence/copyright due
to how we create them (and from which data)?

Or could I simply consider all the generated files as CC-BY-SA-4.0
with a generic copyright ("2023 This_file_is_part_of_KDE" for
example)?

Cheers,

Johnny