[announcement] Telegram bridging to be retired Wed. 20 Sept. | 5 to-dos

Kai Bojens kb at kbojens.de
Tue Aug 22 13:02:29 BST 2023

On 22.08.23 12:45, Niccolò Ve wrote:
> This is a terribly careless decision, for multiple reasons.

No, it's not. This is an Open Source Community in which we all have at
least one thing in common: our software should be free and we work very
hard to ensure its freedom. Telegram on the other hand is a closed
platform, run by, well: run by whom? Where does it have its Headquarter?
Dubai? Russia? Virgin Islands? Belize? You might get different answers,
depending on who you're asking. It's a closed platform with no freedom.
Just like Facebook, Linked.in and all the other places.

I had no say in this decision and was not involved in any way but I
totally welcome that Telegram is cut off.