Recent spam attacks

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Jun 25 12:05:22 BST 2023

Hi all,

As some of you may have noticed, over the last couple of days we have been
experiencing some spam, with Phabricator heavily affected in addition to
Gitlab and our Wikis.

The spam wave should now have been all cleaned up, with offending content
purged. My apologies to those that received the offensive material in
question.

were designed to defeat  our movie spammers against this recent attacker.
This means that Japan has now joined the list of countries considered
"abusive" and is now subject to aggressive counter measures designed to
defeat spam registrations.

As such, people located within Japan may, depending on their specific
situation, have issues registering on KDE Identity. People affected by
those blocks should email sysadmin at kde.org for assistance with getting
manually registered.

Please let me know if there are queries regarding this.

Thanks,
Ben