planet forwarding to discuss?

Phu Hung Nguyen phu.nguyen at kdemail.net
Wed Jun 21 22:23:25 BST 2023

On 6/21/23 20:11, "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> Please try to have the open mind to solve this e.g. by a flag to the planet
> blog registration metadata, if people would like to participate in that
> undertaking and have automatically also a discussion thread on a post.
> Or an opt-out if you think everyone by default should think this is an awesome
> thing to have.

I have code to do this for Planet ready on my laptop now. A separate
feed will be created at planet.kde.org/discuss/index.xml containing only
posts whose authors want them to be on Discuss (based on the config on
Planet; we can deal with either opt-in or opt-out mode fine). Discuss
then can be configured to use
https://github.com/discourse/discourse-rss-polling (as suggested by
@sitter) to read that feed.

Regards,