Retirement of IRC Services and KDETalk.net (Jabber)

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun May 21 20:41:07 BST 2023

Ben Cooksley ha scritto:
> On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 10:42 PM Christian (Fuchs) <kde at fuchsnet.ch
> <mailto:kde at fuchsnet.ch>> wrote:
>
>     Skreamer / Pursuivant: I'd retire these when the replacement is there, and
>     not
>     before it. I also seem to have missed which part does the auto
>     announcement of
>     e.g. bug reports, since that was active / fetching, and if I understand site
>     previews correctly, that is passive. As in: no automatic notice of new bug
>     reports, but only when someone / something actively links them, correct?
>

> Pursuivant is responsible for the announcement of commits and bugs.
> As of late we have only seen removals of this functionality
> (see https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/irc-notifications/-/commits/master?ref_type=heads)
> from channels, hence why i'm slating it for decommissioning.

There are just two removal but several other notifications are active.
It has been useful to me to spot some changes in specific areas, I'm sure it's
useful to others. Of all the services you mentioned, I think this one should
be removed only after an alternative is deployed (maybe a plugin for
https://github.com/maubot/maubot ?).

Ciao
--
Luigi