Welcoming Thiago Sueto, documentation contractor

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 21:43:40 GMT 2023

Hi KDE community,

KDE e.V. supports the KDE community in what it does -- making KDE software and
all the things around it. KDE e.V. employs people to organize events (and help
out with sprints), integrate hardware (if you are a vendor of a new device),
measure the ecological impact (via the KDE-eco initiative), promote KDE in the
media, and now also to write documentation.

The documentation position is one that fits in a multi-year project. We started
with gathering requirements and outlining a specific plan of improvements for
the documentation, then hired for documentation writing and tooling
improvement. Now Thiago joins us for the next steps, which means using the
improved tools and writing improved documentation.

Welcome Thiago (in CC) as our documentation-writing and -coordinating
contractor. He's pushed API documentation forward, written tutorials, has a
giant Kirigami MR ready and has been helping Nate with goals documentation as
well.

You can find @herzenschein in the KDE documentation Matrix channel,

https://matrix.to/#/%23kde-docs%3Akde.org?
via=kde.org&via=libera.chat&via=matrix.org&via=pyra.sh

and all over MRs in invent.k.o.

[ade]