Retirement of Drupal 7/8 sites (kdevelop, skrooge, blogs, behindkde)

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Sun Jan 15 17:34:50 GMT 2023

On Sunday, 15 January 2023 16:24:48 CET Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sonntag, 15. Januar 2023 08:04:18 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > For blogs.kde.org, I am in two minds as to the best approach here, with
> > Wordpress and Hugo both appearing as candidates for this site.
> > Opinions welcome, especially if you are someone that currently uses it.
>
> I think I'd very much prefer Hugo because I very much hate Wordpress for
> making it extremely painful to write simple content if one knows Markdown
> (and HTML) but has no clue how to use the Workpress plugins that try to
> hide the "complexity" of HTML by adding unintuitive and complex UIs on top
> of it.

Hello Ingo,

Quick note: WordPress handles HTML and MD editing just fine. Switch to  the
"Code Editor" and enjoy.

With this  I do not want to imply that anybody should use a tool they are not
comfortable with or which they feel gets in the way of their productivity. But
that's why Aniqa and I would prefer WordPress for the dot.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication