KDE at the State of Open Con

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Sat Jan 14 00:14:23 GMT 2023

On Saturday, 14 January 2023 00:36:45 CET Aleix Pol wrote:
> Dear community,
> We have recently been reached out about the possibility to have a KDE
> booth in the State of Open Con [1]. It seems like a good conference to
> be a part of but since we are short in time, we figured we'd ask the
> community at large and see if there's somebody who is interested. If
> so, please reach out and we will get you in touch.
>
> Best,
> Aleix Pol, KDE e.V. President
>
> [1] https://stateofopencon.com/

Hi Aleix,

Very interesting. I am reading the table-holders document, but there doesn't
seem to be much information. Is there anywhere we can find out what the tables
will be furnished with? Do we need a tablecloth, for example?

We are about to print stickers for FOSDEM. Would it make sense to print some
more for this or is not that sort of event? Do you know if it is the sort of
place where attendees will be interested in seeing devices like the Steam Deck
and Pinephone?

Apologies for all the questions, but there is little info on the site about
the exhibition part of the conference. Maybe somebody who has attended a
similar event could chip in with some insight and help us get an idea of how
we should organise this.

Cheers

Paul
--