Update to Nextcloud

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Oct 29 21:53:38 BST 2022

Good morning all,

This morning I updated our Nextcloud instance at
https://collaborate.kde.org/ to make use of the latest version of Nextcloud
(v25, or as they call it in their marketing materials, Hub 3).

While this change shouldn't bring much in the way of changes to features
that we will notice it does appear to me at least to improve performance on
initial load.

As part of this I also configured Nextcloud to make use of Invent (Gitlab)
authentication. When using this login flow your group memberships will now
be synced from the corresponding team on Gitlab (
https://invent.kde.org/teams/) for those teams with shares. Should anyone
have any issues with this please let us know.

There were a small number of people (about 25, a few whose usernames I
recognised) who had not logged into Gitlab when I did the migration, and
therefore their accounts were not able to be linked. If this is you then
you will receive an error regarding duplicate email addresses when logging
into Nextcloud - please file a ticket and we will link your account.

Many thanks,
Ben