Rebranding the release service

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Feb 15 22:18:39 GMT 2021

El dilluns, 15 de febrer de 2021, a les 14:01:25 CET, Jonathan Riddell va escriure:
> Here at KDE we've always struggled a bit with branding and the announcement
> of formats for the bunch of releases that was originally "KDE" then "KDE
> SC" then "KDE Applications" and at Akademy 2019 we decided to debrand it
> and make it a release service with lots of different stuff in it.  We had
> monthly update announcements that included those releases on the months
> when they happened and otherwise included everything else released over the
> past month.  But the format doesn't seem to have caught on by various
> metrics.  So the promo group had some chat about different formats you can
> read at https://phabricator.kde.org/T14091
>
> Currently the plan is to reband it probably with the name KDE Gear.

Ouch, y'all ended up liking my silly suggestion ^_^ Sorry about that.

Anyhow, I'm expecting we're not necessarily have to change stuff like branch names or RELEASE_SERVICE_VERSION_MAJOR cmake variables to adapt to this promo driven change, right?

Cheers,
  Albert