New kde.org/hardware webpage

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Sun Jan 26 16:21:43 GMT 2020

On 1/26/20 9:16 AM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Freitag, 24. Januar 2020 15:02:24 CET Philippe Cloutier wrote:
>> Ahem, wasn't that fast? The mail you quote is not phrased as a proposal,
>> but as a request for comments. Just a quick first look reveals at least
>> the following issues:
>>
>> The currency units used are unclear.
>>
>>> Tuxedo build tailor-made hardware and all this with Linux!
>>
>> I suppose s/build/builds/
>>
>>> All the computers and notebooks are assembled and installed in our house.
>>
>> "our house"?
>
> "in our house" means in the house/building were Tuxedo Computers resides. As
> opposed to "are assembled and installed in a sweat shop in some cheap-labor-
> country".
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

since the text is on KDE.org, using the word "our" makes it unclear
whose house the laptop is being assembled in though. KDE's house?

It should probably say, "[...] assembled and installed in-house." Or
even, "[...] assembled and installed in-house, not outsourced." to
really drive the point home.

Sorry for not catching this during the patch review.

Nate