help desk vs bug tracker

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 30 08:15:01 GMT 2018

On dinsdag 30 oktober 2018 08:55:03 CET Laszlo Papp wrote:

> Isn't google supposed to do that? You type the question and you get the
> answer in a result.

No, google isn't supposed to do that, and doesn't do that -- google is no
alternative for user support.

> I personally do not like these bot support sites for services as it makes
> the interaction impersonal. I also do not trust bots not making big
> mistakes, potentially misleading me.

I think you're overestimating the automation, askbot doesn't do scripted
question and answer (though that would be very useful as well) -- but in the
end, the problem isn't that a potential ask.krita.org might give a misleading
answer, but that the user doesn't get an answer at all because too much of the
support load falls on too few shoulders.

--
https://www.krita.org