FOSDEM: call to action!

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Aug 22 23:20:11 BST 2018

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 21:23:32 CEST Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On woensdag 22 augustus 2018 11:54:06 CEST Pau Garcia Quiles wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I will not be requesting a stand or devroom for KDE, Desktops or
> > anything for FOSDEM 2019. I don't even know if I will be there.
>
> Aw... We would miss you!
>
> In any case... This year's stand was a bit bare, and though I were there, I
> got injured and could only be at the stand on Saturday, which sucked. But
> Fosdem is still a place where we as KDE should be.

I'll be there, I ran the stand -- sub-optimally -- last year, because Jonathan
who had traditionally done things was out of the loop. I probably forgot to
write up results afterwards, too.

There's a lot more material about FOSDEM booths than is initially apparent.
There have been threads on various lists about merchandise, too: basically it
comes down to "print or order stuff locally, get it reimbursed". Just this
week at Akademy i gave Sune the blue tablecloth back that we used in 2018
(with "KDE" on the front in Frozen(tm) duct tape).

[ade]