Status of Wayland implementation on nVidia graphics cards

Christian Ohrfandl christian.ohrfandl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 22:45:13 BST 2017

Hello Martin,

thank you for the link and the quick reply!

I definitely use Nouveau:

lspci -k | grep -EA3 'VGA|3D|Display'

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX
760] (rev a1)
Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] GK104 [GeForce GTX 760]
Kernel driver in use: nouveau
Kernel modules: nvidiafb, nouveau

When choosing the wayland session and logging in, only black background
(on the other monitor the chosen wallpaper and some desktop icons) and a
bigger cursor loads (c.f. attached picture); no interaction with system
possible (tried this several times; sometimes the background one the
other monitor does not even load). I have made a video I could share
with you, if you want to...

Are there any logs I may view in order to resolve the issue after
turning the PC off and on again? Shall I file a bug report?

Cheers,
Christian