Telemetry Policy

Dr.-Ing. Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Mon Aug 14 09:57:10 BST 2017

Hi,

> On 08/14/2017 05:30 PM, Ivan Čukić wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> While I do see the point behind 'off-by-default', I think it will ruin
>> the purpose since nobody will turn it on.
>>
>> I'd propose having it on by default (at least) for pre-releases.
>
> I'm not convinced. KDE publically runs on a platform of respecting
> user privacy (it's part of the vision). On-by-default metrics run
> the risk of someone calling bullshit on that, plus it's giving up
> on a privacy-related differentiator if, unlike others, we're off-
> by-default.
I would vote for "off-by-default", too.

At the moment, we can not even judge how much data we receive with that
policy, we can still re discuss that if we really see we get not enough
feedback to have usable data.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com