latest draft for mission (and strategy)

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jul 10 13:28:03 BST 2017

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot to Adriaan for putting my thought in much better
words than I can. :-)

On Monday, 10 July 2017 13:54:09 CEST Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> I forgot to make that clear: I was thinking of a poll / vote / survey thing,
> lightweight, but not email and get active community members to participate.
>
> Yes, it's gone beyond the limits of what email can do, we have ideas and
> possible directions, now we need to find out what those who are going to do
> the work actually want.

Agreed. It might not be the best path forward but we need to bootstrap it
somehow, so a "here is a set of options, pick one" might do the trick for now.

Just trying to point out that longer term we need something more federating as
an approach. Could be our equivalent to the Debian Project Leader Elections.
Not picking a leader but a mission / strategy cycle.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net