Applications Lifecycle Policy

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Jul 4 13:24:30 BST 2017

On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 13:20:43 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> The applications lifecycle policy needs an update
>
> Is this a good current state of it or are there more stages?
>
> https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle/Draft

Are we focusing on the graph for now, and then we can move to the content of
the page, or can we start the general discussion as well?

The proposed graph is fine by me, and it solves the issue with applications
coming from the Incubation which ended into playground while they should have
gone directly to kdereview.
I think that a separate "playground" has still value in defining some kind of
line where the application has been released. "Extragear" here already means
"whatever is released with its own release cycle not in the big bundles", as
we basically officially removed that word from public usage.

--
Luigi