latest draft for mission (and strategy)

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon May 29 20:17:29 BST 2017

Hey folks,

Last year we have talked a lot about KDE's vision, fleshed it out and
wrote it down: https://community.kde.org/KDE/Vision I am proud that we
have done that. However the work does not end there. We have the
answer to the question "why are we here". We still need the answer to
the question "how do we achieve our vision". We've had an insightful
survery among our community and users and a lot of discussions around
that. This was then all further discussed in a sessions at QtCon in
Berlin. After that smaller groups have sat down to take all the input
and refine it, but then the process got stuck for several reasons. At
the last board meeting the board and sebas sat down again and looked
at where we are wrt distilling all the input. It turns out we are less
far away than we thought. We took the input from the session at
Akademy and polished the wording slightly. We then analyzed it more
and figured out the issue that had been bugging us with the existing
draft: It was mixing mission and strategy. We split it up and this
seems to work much better.

I'd like to invite you all to take a look at the current draft and
provide your constructive feedback so we can use this as the basis for
our work for the next years.

https://community.kde.org/KDE/Mission

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org