[kde-community] Results from the Mission Survey

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 01:34:59 BST 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 3:05 AM, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org> wrote:
> On 01.08.2016 11:20, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for doing this.
>>
>> I am baffled by the extreme coherence between answers of contributors and
>> of
>> users. Seems like a perfect match.
>
> Indeed, I was equally surprised by that. It is true, though (I've just
> re-checked the data to be 100% sure).
> If someone says "KDE has lost touch with their userbase", we can confidently
> say "No, we haven't, look at that
> survey we just did!". At least judging from our attitudes. To the extent
> that our actions match our attitudes,
> we should be all lined up with what our users want.
> Our users should like a Mission Statement derived from these results, then
> :)

Thomas and the rest of the team,

Thanks for doing all this in support of the future of KDE. I started
with you all in this effort last Akademy but sort of faded in my
participation as my dad's health worsened and then died. It makes me
happy to see how well it has continued.

I'm watching the Olympics this week, and seeing how years of hard work
and practice pay off for the winning athletes. Some of them are a
whole lot flashier than we are, and I can't say that inspiring others
to do their best is not worthwhile.

But think of what WE do, without cameras or much funding. We make
software that frees the world! I can hardly wait to meet up with you
heroes again in Berlin.

See you soon,

Valorie