[kde-community] possible foss alternative to telegram/slack

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:05:56 BST 2016

I'm interested too, if for no other reason than self-hosting an instance
means we aren't tied to the fate of a 3rd-party. Several people who were
not on board with issues on the Telegram openness would probably be willing
to use this as well.

One thing I'd like to mention is that we should firmly cement whatever we
choose, I don't think we've been using Telegram for a year and already
we're looking at changing again. People trying to follow our channels might
become frustrated if we switch messenger tools a third time, whatever we
decide I think we need to be willing to say we'll stick with it for at
least a couple years, even if we find it has faults.