[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 08:06:28 BST 2015

Hi!

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 08:55:57AM +0200, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> What part of the KDE infrastructures can be fixed to make the repositories
> easier to find?

https://quickgit.kde.org/robots.txt
https://projects.kde.org/robots.txt

I think the reason for this should be pretty obvious; a ton of crawlers
indexing everything we have is going to add an immense load, we have a huge
amount of projects and source that they'll try to crawl now and then.

And part of the reason for this (I think) is that both gitphp and
chiliproject aren't the most performant.

I don't remember the reason we run gitphp in the first place, but replacing
it is not a trivial task in any way, and our sysadmins already have a ton of
other work to do. Just guessing, but if we switch to e. g. cgit I think the
load should be more realistic to handle (I run cgit on my own server, and it
is extremely efficient).

So, I think the answer to your question is a) fix or replace our web
interface(s) for git, and b) remove the robots.txt.

--
Martin Sandsmark