[kde-community] retiring unmaintained modules?

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 15:28:21 GMT 2015

Le Sunday 11 January 2015 23:33:09 Luigi Toscano a écrit :
> Boudewijn Rempt ha scritto:
> >> I guess we should also be really careful, as you said some software is
> >> "done"
> >> and the fact that it didn't get any development doesn't mean it should be
> >> killed.
> >
> > Of course. But kmail (not kmail2) is _dead_. It's bugs should be closed.
>
> I would ask Laurent first. He said in the past that the UI part of
> kmail2 is really close to kmail1. Are those bugs "real" bugs and not
> wishlists, right?

Hi,
Indeed Kmail1 is dead, but some bugs associate to kmail1 can be reproduce in
kmail2 and in the past I fixed some kmail1 bugs
(All wishlist in kmail1 were closed or moved to kmail2)

After that I don't want to see all kmail1 bug removed from bugzilla, as I
write some bug can be reproduce in kmail2

So please don't close them.

Regards.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer