[kde-community] KDE office (was: Your KDE highlight of 2014?)

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon Dec 29 19:50:14 GMT 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 7:12 PM, David Wright
<david.wright12886 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're basically talking about KDE centric LUGS (KLUGS?) here aren't we.
> Whether hosted in an office at bluesystems or down the local pub once a
> week, that's really what they are, the meeting of likeminded people for fun
> and profit. Which should be more of a thing (I'd like to meet with kde users
> here in London), and something which 'official' KDE should help facilitate
> with a webservice. That way it can be made clear who and what are hosting
> these meetings, or open doors as they might be, the terms, and the
> relationship, or lack thereof,  with KDE ev.

That's something we definitely support and should have more of. We do
have the release parties but they could use quite some more buzz.
Would you be willing to help with that? Jeremy is currently working on
making our events calendar work again and show up on kde.org. That
should be a good next step.
It is different though from having an office.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org