[kde-community] RFC: Announcing new mailing lists

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Dec 20 15:54:30 GMT 2014

El Dissabte, 20 de desembre de 2014, a les 22:19:35, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
>
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> >> Hi guys, sometimes i realize some interesting discussions are being
> >> carried on mailing lists i didn't ever know they existed.
> >>
> >> Do you think it'd be a good idea to ask sysadmins to send an email to
> >> this
> >> list every time a new public mailing list is created?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >>   Albert
> >
> > It would be nice if *somebody* announced them - could be sysadmin,
> > could be the new team, or the incubation team.
>
> In some instances, the creation of a new mailing list (like a
> bugs-dist list) would be noise.
> I'd be in favour of the requestor(s) announcing the new list though -
> so they could explain what the list would be used for.
>
> If sysadmin ends up doing it we'll likely be unable to provide as
> decent an explanation (as we're simply not as involved).

But you're the only ones knowing that a mailing list has created. And as far
as i understand there's a description field asked when requesting a list no?
Could automatically send an email here saying "List X was created with
description Y".

Cheers,
  Albert