[kde-community] QtCurve

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 22:07:16 GMT 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Martin Sandsmark
<martin.sandsmark at kde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 08:53:34AM -0500, Yichao Yu wrote:
>> I would like to move QtCurve to the KDE infrastructure
>
> Yes! :-D
>
> I've been using QtCurve for a while now, and I'd even argue for replacing
> Oxygen with it for KDE Plasma Desktop Framework Visual Team Studio 5 SC
> Edition 2014.1, with the right default configuration it would be a refreshing
> new default style. But I don't have the argument stamina for that. :-P

I'm glad you like it and thank you for you support ;). However, I
don't really think it is a good idea to replace the default theme
right now both because it is not as polished as oxygen (which is what
I'm mainly working on) and because it has similar blacklist problem
with oxygen-transparent (because it also provide transparent
background support, which is actually an advantage of not being the
default theme).

I do think that it will be helpful to make it an alternative to the
oxygen theme and that's also why I am sending the email.

Yichao Yu

P.S. at the same time, your email remind me a point that I was
missing. AFAIK, QtCurve is the first and only 3rd party Qt5 theme that
has been packaged by distribution (ArchLinux). This should be useful
before Oxygen-Qt5/KF5 is released :-P.