[kde-community] We urgently need more tasks for Google Code-in

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 09:29:51 GMT 2013

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> We currently have only 12 tasks left over for the students and over
> 100 were already done. We should always have at least 30 open. I will
> now add a few more tasks but please everyone think about what you'd
> like some 13 to 17 year-olds to work on in KDE and propose task for
> that. We're not limited to coding. Other areas can be worked on too.
> If you have questions please come to #kde-soc on freenode.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

I noticed that Riddell posted a task for a small packaging task for
Kubuntu. Would it be useful to reach out to other distro teams using
KDE and ask them to contribute and mentor some tasks?

I think many of them might be aware of GCi but not know if they are
allowed to submit and mentor. It is really exciting to see these kids
blossom as they contribute to GCi.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez