[kde-community] Proposal: KDE Manifesto wording revision

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 12 17:00:34 GMT 2013

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 17:44:26 Eike Hein wrote:
> Deciding whether to drop or keep 'accounts' along those lines
> is difficult. With previous practice, securely establishing
> identity is sufficient, and the wording makes it clear that
> this has to be possible for *all* contributors. That's why I
> felt dropping 'accounts' might be fair game.

my concern is that if it says that all KDE contributors can write to it, it
can be interpreted as being enough to simply be able to open an account there.

iow, this makes github a valid place to put your code (well, if we ignore
their odd push-request driven workflow). any KDE contributor can get an account
there after all.

imho the purpose of this particular requirement is so that anyone with a KDE
membership in hand can immediately trot over to project X and start
contributing. it is about keeping the contribution barrier low and the shared
ownership high.

--
Aaron J. Seigo