[Kde-cl] Subdominio "cl.kde.org"

Christian González chgonzalezg at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:48:18 CEST 2010

El 27 de mayo de 2010 09:36, Helio Chissini de Castro <helio at kde.org>escribió:

> Hello
>
> Putting things clear.
>
> Camilo, you know already that process is ongoing, so not throw up things
> like
> we are made some displacement of everything.
>
> Afaik, if you had checked up the first domain we changed previously when i
> asked we did not have the trouble to pass twice the time of work with
> sysadmin, and you can't simply slap your fingers and things happen
> instantaneous.
>
> So, because the things are screwed up in first time, not because kde side,
> now
> you want to create another web, and make things more complicated again ?

Helio, we understand your point of view. But the thing is that we'll have a
FLISOL this weekend and some KDE Chile members will be speakers and need a
webpage to show.

We want to use cl.kde.org as our main address. But in the meanwhile, we need
*some* to show. So, Camilo's idea seems to be a good temporal solution. He
already have a domain and he want to share it with KDE Chile community, we
can use it *this weekend* and wait for a deffinitive domain from KDE
sysadmins.

Anyway, the process is still open and doing this kind of pressure saying
> that
> "is theirs fault" is not the best way to make things happens properly.

I don't think Camilo was trying to say that. As I see, he was just stating a
fact: we don't have an URL and we need one. Nobody is trying to blame or
pressure KDE's sysadmin.

Remember, when things are done in correct way, Argentine site was quick
> created, your kde-cl list was created.

We know that and we are very grateful with KDE sysadmin and community in
general. We are just looking for a way to go forward in our community
project, wibsite included.

Best regards,
--
Christian González G.