D21314: Don't enable QT_STRICT_ITERATORS on Windows.

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 21 08:32:06 BST 2019

dfaure created this revision.
dfaure added reviewers: vkrause, dvratil.
Herald added projects: Frameworks, Build System.
Herald added subscribers: kde-buildsystem, kde-frameworks-devel.
dfaure requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Strict iterators can't be used on Windows, they lead to a link error
  when application code iterates over a QVector<QPoint> for instance, unless
  Qt itself was also built with strict iterators.
  See example at https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/AUTOSUITE-946

  Technically this would be fine for mingw, but not for MSVC neither
  clang-cl (which also uses the MSVC ABI). I think it's fine to just
  disable it for all Windows compilers, since any iterators misuse
  will be detected on Unix anyway.

TEST PLAN
  None, I'm relying on Volker's findings.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

BRANCH
  master

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21314

AFFECTED FILES
  kde-modules/KDEFrameworkCompilerSettings.cmake
  modules/ECMAddTests.cmake