D16816: ECM: standardise clang detection

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 11 09:48:46 GMT 2018

rjvbb created this revision.
rjvbb added a reviewer: Build System.
rjvbb added projects: Build System, Frameworks.
Herald edited subscribers, added: kde-buildsystem, kde-frameworks-devel; removed: Frameworks.
rjvbb requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Scanning the ECM for something that could explain a symbol visibility issue I'm seeing with AppleClang but not with Clang I noticed that this compiler isn't always detected the same way.

  This patch ensures that `CMAKE_<LANG>_COMPILER_ID MATCHES "Clang"` is used throughout, i.e. `MATCHES` instead of `STREQUAL`.
  This includes 1 or 2 cases where AppleClang is unlikely to be the compiler in use (for instance because of `AND NOT APPLE`) but I think it's better to use the same detection principle everywhere if not only to prevent inappropriate copy/paste edits in the future.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16816

AFFECTED FILES
  kde-modules/KDECMakeSettings.cmake
  kde-modules/KDECompilerSettings.cmake
  kde-modules/KDEFrameworkCompilerSettings.cmake
  modules/ECMEnableSanitizers.cmake