Updating CMakeLists in KDE4 repos

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Sat Jul 25 18:13:42 UTC 2015

On Saturday 25 Jul 2015 19:59:38 David Faure wrote:
> It's quite complex that an app using a 2.8.12 cmake feature is not supposed
> to set the cmake min version to 2.8.12 but to set it to 2.8.9 due to
> kdelibs4 and abort if it's 2.8.12 (as you explain further below).
> Nobody would ever guess that in a million years.
>
> Is this solved by ECM, or does it have the same issue?

If ECM doesn't work in some way when an application sets the CMake minimum
version higher than 2.8.12, I would consider that a bug in ECM.

The issue with kdelibs is the lack of people maintaining it - if kdelibs has
CMake code depending on old behaviour of CMake, it should in general be
possible to fix it so that it works with old or new policy behaviour (although
there may be a couple of policies this is difficult for).