extra-cmake-modules installs into versionned dir

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 18 17:30:52 UTC 2012

Same problem as what we fixed in kdepimlibs long ago...

extra-cmake-modules installed itself into
  share/extra-cmake-modules-0.0.2
and after updating it now installs itself into
  share/extra-cmake-modules-0.0.3

which means that 1) the cmakecache.txt in kdelibs pointing to 0.0.2 creates
much trouble, one has to clean up the cache to be able to compile kdelibs
again,
and 2) as long as kdelibs's toplevel CMakeLists.txt said "0.0.2", it would
pick up the 0.0.2 subdir, even after cleaning up the cache!

Can we PLEASE get rid of the version number in the install directory?
It's way more trouble than any benefit it might bring.

If one day we want co-installable incompatible releases, *then* let's put a
version number in there... I guess that means major version number only,
but we can start that once it'll be 1 :) 0 would look weird.