FindUSB

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Sep 18 11:30:39 UTC 2011

On Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:40:59 AM Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Yury G.  Kudryashov wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Reviewboard failed to understand `git diff -M` patch, so I'm sending both
> > the patch and the new FindUSB.cmake here.

What's the issue with libusb 0.1 vs. 1.0 ?
The whole module doesn't mention any version number. I mean, it does not
support specifying version numbers (which is acceptable), but it also doesn't
say that it finds only some specific versions of libusb.

I'm not sure I like to have such a warning message there.

While you're at it, the first line of the file mentions "freetype" instead of
libusb.

> > Should I add OPTIONAL to include(FeatureSummary) until cmake-2.8.6 is not
> > out?

> BTW, should we either rename it to FindLibUSB or set USB_* instead of
> LIBUSB_*?

I think renaming it to FindLibUSB.cmake is the better choice, it's more
descriptive.
When changing something like this, please add the change to
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/ECM_SourceIncompatChanges

Thanks