KDE and MADDE

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sun Nov 20 14:44:28 UTC 2011

> Next is RPATH. Are you building with RPATH, or did you disable RPATH ?
> With RPATH will be hard.
> When linking something against
> /home/apol/QtSdk/Madde/sysroots/.../usr/lib/libnepomukquery.so.4.7.0, cmake
> will figure out that some executable needs
> "/home/apol/QtSdk/Madde/sysroots/.../usr/lib/" as RPATH.
> This would be the correct RPATH from the POV of the (build)host, but
> completely wrong for the target host.

I am not getting it, but this might be because I have some
misunderstand on my side. I have an example here:
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Mobile/Harmattan#Packaging_your_KDE_Mobile_application_with_shared_libraries

All I do on the my computer is using "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH=/opt/test/lib".

On the device after my deploying:
ldd -r /usr/bin/tutorial1
	libkdecore.so.5 => /opt/test/lib/libkdecore.so.5 (0x3aad3000)
	libQtCore.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4 (0x3ad95000)

It seems to use the proper one even if I had the
/usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5 during the compilation. I must admit I use
scratchbox for this, so I have an environment, and not just a
"sysroot", but the problem should appear here as well according to
your saying.

I am just curious.. Alex, Could you please ellaborate on this why
rpath works here out-of-the-box in comparison with your saying above ?
Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp