KDE and MADDE

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sun Nov 20 14:30:02 UTC 2011

> I highly recommend adding support in cmake for the --sysroot option to the
> compiler and linker and supporting that too in cmake's own engine. The sysroot
> option is not exactly equivalent to a chroot: you may still find build files
> outside it, such as the library you're compiling. However, it changes where
> the default locations are.

I agree.

Also, It needs to be addressed as soon as possible. It is a real
headache. The current patch and workflow on Harmattan (patching from
the debian/rules file after the FindKDE4Internal.cmake generation
sounds slubberish. It might probably be needed by more packages on
various embedded platforms.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp