openssl cmake module

matthias sweertvaegher matthias.sweertvaegher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:18:06 CEST 2011

Hi Andreas,
hi list,

thanks for your reply. I did not notice it because I was no member of
the list yet :)

>On 02.08.10 23:07:17, matthias sweertvaegher wrote:
>> yesterday I had some trouble linking my plasmoid which uses openssl.
>> It turned out that there was a FindOpenSSL cmake module bundled with
>> kde libs which takes precedence over the cmake supplied one but the
>> kde one does not link against the crypto lib. Thiago told me the kde
>> one was there because the cmake one did not exist yet. So now it is
>> probably superseded by the cmake one. Using the cmake one I had no
>> trouble linking my plasmoid. allen_kdab suggested to post this
>> question on this mailinglist. Is the kde openssl cmake module still
>> needed?
>
>That depends on:
>
>a) Wether the cmake version that KDE requires (not sure which that is
>right now) already shipped it
>b) wether our FindOpenSSL.cmake has any differences that we need for
>some reason or another
>
>So someone would have to look at the two files and compare them
>properly
>to decide and then we could remove our copy in the next kde release
>(provided that a) is fulfilled).

so, could someone please have a look at that? I am trying to provide a
package for my plasmoid on the opensuse build service but I fail due
to this linking problem with openssl. Or maybe I am trying to do
something in the wrong way? Why does nobody else have this problem..?

Feel free to comment on my build file which can be found here:
http://gitorious.org/telemeter-plasmoid/telemeter-plasmoid/blobs/master/CMakeLists.txt

or my spec file which can be found here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=telemeter-plasmoid.spec&package=telemeter-plasmoid&project=home%3Amxttie%3Akdeapps&srcmd5=94fe4eabcb82fbc02d4aa9a6272c937f

here is the output of my last build:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package=telemeter-plasmoid&project=home%3Amxttie%3Akdeapps&repository=openSUSE_11.3

thanks in advance