Automatic recording of required packages...

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Nov 3 22:41:36 CET 2010

On Tuesday 02 November 2010, you wrote:
> 2010/11/1 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
> > To the missing required dependencies:
> > maybe we should add a file README.dependencies or README.requirements or
> > README.compiling at the top level of each module and list the
> > requirements there. Or improve the "INSTALL" file a bit.
>
> IMO that would create another bunch of
> soon-to-be-outdated-files-noone-is-going-to-maintain.
> Wouldn't simple list of all packages called by find_package with a
> header like "This is the list of all dependencies, but it is possible
> you're not going to need them all" be more useful and less error prone
> ?

That list of all packages called by find_package() is actually what
FeatureSummary.cmake is creating.
But we can't put it in svn since it's created.
Doing this in some more or less automatic way would be cool.
Maybe just a shell script which does some processing on the generated file and
appends the stuff then to README.dependencies or something...