rpath problems with kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 20 21:41:05 CEST 2010

On 20.06.10 13:27:30, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Domingo 20. Junho 2010, às 13.07.15, Andreas Pakulat escreveu:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running into weird issues with cmake 2.8.1 and its rpath-handling.
> > First thing I found was that FindKDE4Internal.cmake from Debian sets
> > CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH to false, but even after that
> > cmake_install.cmake files in kdevplatform all have code to do RPATH_REMOVE
> > instead of RPATH_CHANGE. I'm just running cmake
> > -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/kdevelop
> >
> > Doing the same thing with kdevelop (which depends on kdevplatform) shows no
> > problem, the cmake_install.cmake has the proper FILE(RPATH_CHANGE calls.
> >
> > Anybody an idea where I should go hunting from here? There must be some
> > difference between the two projects, but I can't see what.
>
> I don't understand what the problem is.
>
> Debian disables rpath. That's intentional.

Actually its not, what they don't want is rpath on stuff installed to
/usr. Anyway, thats not the point of my writing, the point is that even
after adjusting the relevant setting in FindKDE4Internal.cmake (to match
the one in svn) I still get no rpath for one project, but do get rpath
for the other. And I don't understand why or where to look for
differences in the projects that would influence this.

Andreas

--
Try the Moo Shu Pork.  It is especially good today.