KDE CMake files cannot support mutiple ABI

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 4 21:48:44 CET 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010, Miguel Marte wrote:
> This is all in gentoo with native multilib support.  All 64bit libs
> are installed to /usr/lib64.  All 32bit libs are installed in
> /usr/lib32.  /usr/lib is a symlink to /usr/lib64.   The prefix for
> both is the same from what i remember.  It is /usr.  All other
> packages are building correctly, both for 32bit and 64bit, including
> phonon.  Its just the packages that use the cmake files from KDE as
> far as I can tell.

The KDELibsDependencies.cmake file should indeed be installed to lib/, not
into share/. That was a mistake in the beginning and I didn't dare to change
it yet (also nobody really complained).
So this is something we will do.

But I don't think this is all.
What should kde4-config say ?
hammer:~$ /opt/kdelibs/bin/kde4-config --path lib
/home/alex/.kde/lib/:/opt/kdelibs/lib/
hammer:~$

If a 32bit- and a 64bit version of kdelibs are installed to the same prefix,
one kde4-config will overwrite the already existing one. How does kde4-config
know whether you want the 32- or 64-bit library directory ?

I guess there are more things.